Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Change Will Do You Good

In creating my plans for activities tomorrow, I'm making a couple of executive decisions. One student has been catching on very quickly, but in reviewing some pieces s/he has written so far, his/her biggest struggle is when to end sentences. Holy run-on sentences, Batman!  I was planning to do a similar activity to last week, but making minor tweaks to further drive commas home. I think I will add in some of these sentences to our "Phrase or Sentence" game, just to see what s/he thinks.  Instead of focusing on building sentences with nouns/pronouns and verbs, conjunctions might have to make an early appearance!

I also think my official description on who will be asked to participate will be limited to only those students I see for writing instruction. I should be adding another student to this group in another week and a parent is pretty accessible, so I can easily explain the project.  That brings my grand total of possible participants to three...not a lot, but since my instruction is "extra curricular" anyway, I really feel for the families just trying to get their students through reading tutoring.

I finally got by the store today for visual aid supplies. I plan on actually taking pictures tomorrow so my descriptions actually make some sense! I'm also trying to get in the habit of posting the day of my instruction. It's tough since I see another student for reading after I see my writing kids, so my mind is usually on the last session since s/he is a hard one.

No comments:

Post a Comment