Monday, August 27, 2012

Beginning Reflection

Somehow technology is supposed to make our lives easier. We're supposed to save time doing small things so we free up more time for big things or, heaven forbid, fun things. And yet...

Updating this blog the way I want to may be a little tricky. In order to get the displays I wanted, I had to create an entirely new account. Not a big deal. It's free after all. And my daddy taught me to never turn down a free "thing."  However, it also means I have to sign out of my primary account and into this account, which is a pain. Now that I type that out though, I think I have a solution. Isn't that how it always seems to go?

Maybe that's why I'm interested in helping my students be better writers. Writing has helped me work through so many problems and trials in my life, even if it's just a recount of my day.  Getting thoughts and feelings OUT somehow seem more manageable than when they're all floating around in my head.  My students have the added difficulty of a language-processing disorder, so they have an even greater difficulty finding the words, let alone getting them out on paper.

I am excited to have this documentation to keep up with what we're doing. I've already been taking meticulous notes for my non-reading tutoring kids, but to have a place to actual reflect on what I did will be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment